I tried to write a post yesterday but couldn't seem to find exactly what I was trying to communicate. I saved the draft and yet I still had the nagging feeling that what I had written wasn't what I wanted to write, which sounds a little bizarre. ;o)
After I broke my ankle, I made a semi-promise to myself that I will write more--daily is my goal--and my blog is a perfect forum to achieve that goal. I started out well and then felt disappointed and rejected when I realized that only a very few people were actually reading my blog. I worked through those feelings and came to the realization that I'm writing for myself--to explore and clarify my spiritual journey--not for those who may or may not read my blog. That's not to say that what I write won't be helpful to others. After all, we are all walking this Earth-school journey together; we are all students and teachers. However, my writing goal can never be to win the approval of or to impress others.
Yesterday's experience revealed a couple of insights to me: 1. I am still trying to impress my readers. ;o) 2. I'm not allowing the Universe/Source/God to guide me in my writing.
Today, I am making a conscious decision to allow the Universe to guide me, to write what I honestly think, feel, and experience, and to let the words fall where they may!
Take care in gratitude! Vicky :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment