Happy Autumn! Happy Fall! In one way, it's funny to think of wishing someone a "happy fall"! Falling usually isn't something we want to do. I know because I fell on Sunday while waiting for a light to change. I was on my bike and had to stop for the light. For some unknown reason, I reached for the ground with my left foot instead of my right foot (which is the foot I use almost ALL of the time). I didn't plant my foot well and even though I almost managed to keep my balance, I didn't. And down I went! I have a series of evenly spaced scrapes on my right leg, where my pedal branded me and a bit of a sore left arm and wrist. Just a reminder of how important it is to maintain my balance.And as I think about my fall, I am also thinking about the autumnal equinox, the second day of the year when a perfect balance is reached between night and day. That happening occurs tomorrow in Montréal where I live.
Isn't it amazing that out of the 365 days that we live each year, there are only 2 days in which night and day find a perfect balance? Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned from this natural cycle--equality, more light, equality, more darkness. I don't think I have ever tried applying that cycle to my own life.
As do most people, I try to hold on to what I want in my life and avoid or try to change that which I don't want. But the fact is that everything changes and everything eventually passes away.
The doodle posted shows dawn on the first day of Autumn. I used hues that are mostly red, pink, orange--the colors of Fall. The sunlight of this season is warm and golden yellow, making Life feel rich, full, and abundant. For me, Autumn sunlight is fairy-like, hovering and lingering as it caresses the trees and flowers, coaxing their beautiful colors to emerge before the darkness of winter takes over.
I wish you a Happy Fall. May today bring the balance of the equinox to your life. And may your time of falling leaves, falling rain, and, very soon, falling snow be a glorious one!
--Vicky Lynn :o)
"Dawn on the First Day of Autumn"
Ink on card stock, felt pens
Copyright © 2009 by Vicky Lynn Macchione
No comments:
Post a Comment