
Last night I created the doodle posted here.
I had two criteria:
1) Use paper that had been bled through on because I hate to waste paper; and
2) Don't put the doodle in a circle.
About half way through the process, I realized that there were some places in the doodle that were wing-shaped. That idea did affect what doodling designs I decided to use--feathers anyone? ;o)
And in the end, when I had finished doodling all the nooks and crannies, I realized the entire doodle was wing. I titled it "Angel Wing Doodle."
I am still wondering if I want to add color. There is something interesting about having the bleed-through marks be just where they are in the black and white drawing. (You can see the marks more clearly if you click on the picture.)
I wonder why I don't see my life that way. Why aren't the "bleed-through dots"--those effects of previous choices and decisions that still remain as part of the picture of my life--why don't they seem like an interesting addition instead of something I want to evict and erase?
Something for me to think about.
--Vicky Lynn :o)
"Angel Wing Doodle"
Ink on paper
Copyright © 2009 by Vicky Lynn Macchione
No comments:
Post a Comment