I am posting another dreamcatcher mandala I did today. It took a long time but it is quite colorful. I call it "Kaleidoscope." That's what Michel said when he saw it, and I thought that was a perfect name.
Creating mandalas gives me lots of time to think while making art. But what is really happening isn't really thinking. I am focusing on the repeated patterns I am drawing and thoughts flit through my mind. I am guessing that I don't become too attached to them because my attention is more intently somewhere else. I do know I often feel more calm after I finish a mandala or a doodle. And the added benefit? I get an inventive and original work of art as well. Now that's a "win-win"! ;o)
--Vicky Lynn :o)
"Dreamcatcher: Kaleidoscope"
Ink on paper, felt pens
Copyright © 2009 by Vicky Lynn Macchione
1 comment:
Oh Vicky...these dreamcatcher mandalas are enchanting! Love the colos and the idea. Your are overflowing with inspiration!
thank you!
Post a Comment