I was inspired by a documentary Michel and I watched to try some abstract painting. The name of the documentary was My Kid Could Paint That. While the documentary may not have been favorable toward its subject, Marla Olmstead and her family, I was inspired by watching the cute little kidlet applying paint to the canvas. So I decided to buy some acrylics and some 8 x 10 canvases and give it a try.What I hope to do with the abstracts I create is to use them as backgrounds for my collages, which means I am slowly taking steps toward the realm of mixed media.
When I finished my painting (no title yet), I was quite happy with it. I feel like there is an organic quality about it that shows my desire for spiritual growth and abundance. At the very least, I know using the different colors brought me healing and balancing of my energies. And, painting it was extremely fun!!!! :o)
Abstract
Acrylics on Canvas
© 2008 Vicky Lynn Macchione
No comments:
Post a Comment