

My younger daughter had her birthday in February. She happened to look at my blog today and pointed out that I hadn't put any of the cards I have made for her on my blog. So I told her I would. :o)
This is the birthday card I created for her this year. The interesting part of the card is that it is in black and white. For several days before I created the card, I had the chorus of a song called "Shades of Gray" by the Monkees playing over and over in my mind. Here are the lyrics:
But today there is no day or night
Today there is no dark or light.
Today there is no black or white,
Only shades of gray.
It was these lyrics that led me to create the card in black and white. And, later I realized the only color on the card is surrounding the phrase "Be Yourself," which I believe is a message directed to my daughter from the Universe. This message correlates with the poem I wrote for her:
On this the day of your Birth
What messages will the Universe write?
Lovingly etched in the journal of the Soul,
Eternally recorded in black and white.
What Ideas whisper in your ear?
What Dreams below the surface lie?
What Desires inspire and stir your Heart?
What Visions await your perceptive eye?
Seek your answers deep inside. . .
It's there the truest Wisdom abides.
--Vicky :o)
Card and Poem
© 2008 Vicky Lynn Macchione
No comments:
Post a Comment