
I created this mask for a young woman who works at the café to which I go almost daily. Her birthday is tomorrow and she will be 21 year old.
I titled the mask "The Eyes of Spring." There are so many eyes on the mask! I am particularly drawn to the girl on the forehead. That image captures qualities that I see in the woman at the café--fragility and gentleness coupled with determination and intensity.
I am not sure why I created a mask, but I love the fact that there are so many images of Spring--apple blossoms, grass, daffodils. There is a "knowingness" reflected in all of the "eyes." Something that promises new life and new hope even when the cold and barrenness of winter does not seem to want to release its hold on our hearts and our perspectives.
The Eyes of Spring know.
--Vicky :o)
"The Eyes of Spring"
Collaged Mask
© 2008 Vicky Lynn Macchione
No comments:
Post a Comment