Friday, February 15, 2008

Every Day is Valentine's Day!

















Spontaneous times are often the most memorable!

Michel and I had a lovely Valentine's Day this year, despite the fact that he believes that this "holiday" is only a commercial gimmick. (To be honest, I have only come around to this thinking in the past year or so.) He has told me any number of times that Valentine's Day is every day not just one day a year. So I have to say I was surprised (pleasantly I must say!) to find an e-card in my Yahoo Inbox this year.

Two girls who work at the café I frequent daily had been encouraging me the day before to do something romantic for Michel. So I decided to create a card for him, which I have included with this post.

Later, while I was washing dishes, I thought perhaps we could go to dinner that evening. About 30 minutes later, Michel called to say that we should go to dinner! I love when we connect in our thoughts that way.

We had a lovely dinner at a Japanese restaurant near our apartment and then had a wonderful dessert and coffee at the café. No big plans, no big expectations, and yet our evening was special, charming, and romantic. Now how can I put this kind of spontaneity to work in my daily life?

--Vicky :o)

"You opened the door . . . to my Heart!"
Valentine's Day card
© 2008 Vicky Lynn Macchione

No comments: