
Yesterday (Easter), I painted this abstract. It's the size of one of my collage cards. Originally, I thought I would use it as a background for a collage. But when I finished, I just loved it so much that I decided to keep it as is.
I have titled the painting, "Spring's Promise." To me it has the feel of flowers bursting, of Life emerging from winter's darkness, of newness, growth, and abundance.
I have been longing for Spring this year more than usual because the winter in Montréal has been quite long. We have come close to a snowfall record that was set back in 1971 (383 cm is the record). How very appropriate is this little abstract painting: a reminder to me that Spring always follows winter and the promise of new life awaits to burst forth!
Happy Easter and Happy Spring!
--Vicky :o)
Spring's Promise
© 2008 Vicky Lynn Macchione
I have titled the painting, "Spring's Promise." To me it has the feel of flowers bursting, of Life emerging from winter's darkness, of newness, growth, and abundance.
I have been longing for Spring this year more than usual because the winter in Montréal has been quite long. We have come close to a snowfall record that was set back in 1971 (383 cm is the record). How very appropriate is this little abstract painting: a reminder to me that Spring always follows winter and the promise of new life awaits to burst forth!
Happy Easter and Happy Spring!
--Vicky :o)
Spring's Promise
© 2008 Vicky Lynn Macchione
No comments:
Post a Comment