Friday, November 20, 2009

What's in a post?

I haven't posted in a while. I have been making art--some mandalas in Photoshop and some doodles and mandalas by hand. And I have opened my blog several times to post. But each time, I just couldn't find something to say that might be meaningful or amazing. ;o)

Today is no exception except that I thought why not write about not having anything to write about. Or, at least, nothing I feel that is noteworthy or full of depth or insight. One reason I decided to post about "nothing" is that I am reading a book by someone who said writing is about sharing the life we live and not passing judgment on what is acceptable about that life. Interesting idea especially for someone like me whose inner critic is always ready to "help" with editing and judging!

So what's in a post? Perhaps a post is just a moment in time when I share my life with whomever decides to read my blog. And perhaps that timely moment doesn't have to be something amazing or supernatural. Maybe it can be mundane sharing about trying to write a blog post and struggling in the process.


On a "lighter" note, the mandala I have posted above is called "Angel Energy Essence." Here is the photo from which I created the mandala. The plant is a white cyclamen and has a bit of a story.


I purchased this plant because someone was sending angels (the ethereal kind) to stay at our apartment for 4 days. One of the items I needed to get in preparation was a white flower or plant. I thought of cyclamens almost immediately. As Michel says, cyclamen blooms look like angels flying.

After the angels visited, I got the idea of taking a photo of my cyclamen and using the photo with an angel message that my friend Karen (an Angel Therapy Practitioner) created. She loved the photo and is selling cards using the photo and message on her web site.

So there is lots of "angel energy" in this mandala. I hope you feel it, too.

--Vicky Lynn :o)

"Angel Energy Essence"
Digital mandala created in Photoshop
Copyright © 2009 by Vicky Lynn Macchione

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing what you might feel to be a mundane or not so enlightening blog. I think it represents all of our lives where at times things just 'are'. We don't need to make sense of them, make them have meaning or bring some spiritual lesson out of it... they just 'are'.

Love the 'light' mandala and the story of the cycloman.

Thank you for sharing....