Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Transformation on my mind...


The idea of transformation has been in my thoughts lately, which may be why today's digital mandala comes from the "poster insect" for transformation--the butterfly. ;o) What I love about this mandala is the beautiful six-pointed star that appears in the center. The colors and its appearance reminds me of the art of India. I also find that the melange of colors in this mandala is quite stunning and unique.

I took the original photo (seen below) last year while visiting the Butterflies Go Free exhibition at the Montréal Botannical Garden.

--Vicky Lynn :o)

Butterfly Star Mandala
Digital mandala created using Photoshop
Copyright © 2009 by Vicky Lynn Macchione

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! A picture I wouldn't mind having in my house!

sema said...

beautiful mandala!

Gabi Greve said...

whohoho
wonderful transformation !
Gabi

cheryl said...

I absolutely LOVE this.. the mandala and the photo that inspired it!