Friday, October 30, 2009

One of those days!

Yes, today was one of those days.

The freezer wasn't freezing ice cubes.

The refrigerator temperature is not cold enough and is running all the time, so I am going to have to throw out some food.

I have hurt my right elbow somehow, and in certain positions, it is very painful. No ice cubes makes it difficult to ice the elbow. ;o)

The birthday card I was making had to be remade, and once finished, it still was not "perfect."

Basically, it has been a day of redoing and figuring out how to resolve the challenges that kept surfacing.

Finally, I decided I needed to create something "just because," so I made the two mandalas I have posted here.

I titled the first mandala, "Hearts & Flowers" for obvious reasons. ;o) The picture I used was taken on a lovely September day just about the time the sun was setting, which gave the flower a very vibrant appearance.


The second mandala is called "Morning Glorious" and was taken on the same September afternoon.


I do love the wide open loveliness of morning glories. This perky blossom was surrounded by a sea of green leaves and other buds here and there. She seemed to be saying--"Hey! Look at me! I'm happy here, blooming in my little corner of the world!"


Making these mandalas was a challenge because of my elbow, but I loved the surprise they brought me when I finished them. Perhaps the message for me is that "one of those days" is like a slice of a digital mandala. You never know what the final result will be just by looking at the first slice.

Any today is just a slice of Life. When it is pieced together with all the other slices, then I will be surprised with the amazing results and with what hidden pictures I can see.

So the next time one of those days comes my way, I'll do my best to accept it just as it is and realize that a new "today" is just a sunrise away. ;o)

--Vicky Lynn :o)

"Hearts & Flowers" Mandala
"Morning Glorious" Mandala
Digital mandalas created using Photoshop
Copyright © 2009 by Vicky Lynn Macchione

2 comments:

Gabi Greve said...

morning glories make great mandala !!
Gabi

nerakangel said...

Beautiful flower photography, deep rich colours. And then the magic mandala from these pics. Good commentary. So true, each day is a part of something bigger. Seeing the bigger picture, a spiritual viewpoint IMHO! abty...nerakangel