I am posting a new digital mandala along with the source image I used. I took this picture in September while taking a walk near our apartment. The day was lovely and I actually remembered to bring my camera with me. ;o)
What I love about the process of creating these mandalas is the unknown factor. When I pick the slice I will use, I am only seeing 1/5 or 1/8 of the final result. In the case of the Mushroom Star, I didn't know there was going to be a star until I had made 3/5 of the mandala.
The other interesting occurrence is how my perception of what I am seeing changes. For example, in this mandala, I kept feeling like I was looking shells from the ocean, which made me wonder if mushrooms are the shells of a grass sea or a dirt sea. Just a different way of "seeing."
--Vicky Lynn :o)
Mushroom Star of the Sea Mandala
Digital mandala created with Photoshop
Copyright © 2009 by Vicky Lynn Macchione
1 comment:
I thought they were seashells at first! Who would have thought that a mushroom, known as a fungi, could be so pretty!
Great job on the photography and thank you for giving us a different 'view' of nature.
Post a Comment