Monday, March 16, 2009

Another Postcard Collage


Here is another example of my postcard play. I call this one "World of Advice." You may have to look very closely to see that there is a map outline of the world that forms the basis of this collage.

I actually started the text for this post a few days ago but got hung up with describing the collage and its meaning. Ultimately, I find it more rewarding to let others see what the collage means to them. That's the great advantage of images and collages. In fact, a friend told me recently that every time she looks at my Christmas card collage, she sees something new!

One comment about the title--"World of Advice." Have you ever noticed how much advice there is in the world? And with the Internet, we have all that advice at our fingertips; we don't even have to go to the library to look through card catalogs, books, microfiche, etc. any more!

I wonder, though, how much all that advice keeps us from finding and listening to our own advice, our inner wisdom. Of course, taking time to listen and then to actually act on inner wisdom is a process and certainly not instantaneous. Not like the Internet, which provides instant gratification day or night.

But living life based on instant advice is not the same thing as living life in the NOW. Usually I look for advice when I have a problem that I want solved immediately. That process of looking for the answer takes away from the time of being with and experiencing the question, or what I think is the question.

In other words, seeking a World of Advice for that which I think I need or lack keeps me from Being the World that I am.

--Vicky :o)

"World of Advice" Postcard
Paper Collage
Copyright © 2009 by Vicky Lynn Macchione

No comments: