Sunday, April 05, 2009

Many Changes & 2 "-FlyDesigns" Postcards



How busy life can get in such a short time! In the time since I posted last, we decided to move, found an apartment to move to in June, finished up tax returns for U.S. and Canada, prepared to show the apartment we live in now to prospective tenants, went to a family birthday party, and planned how we are going to take 7-1/2 rooms of "stuff" and put it into an apartment with 4-1/2 rooms! (By the way, here in Québec apartments are described that way, not by number of bedrooms. The "1/2" refers to the bathroom.

Before all this activity commenced, I was working on the idea of collaging my own postcards. The two shown here are for some mythical funky clothing company called "FlyDesigns," which is short for Butterfly Designs. (My apologies to any company, clothing or otherwise, who may use that name!)

One postcard is in the shape of a butterfly; an idea that came to me because I once received a postcard from a friend that was in the shape of her country. Of course, it helped that the background paper already had a butterfly on it!

-FlyDesigns Postcards...Just in time for Spring!

--Vicky :o)

FlyDesigns Postcards (I and II)
Paper Collage
Copyright © 2009 by Vicky Lynn Macchione

No comments: