Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Own Measure of Magic

After I finished Julia's card (see yesterday's post), I was doing a lot of thinking about Magic and how I see it in my life. So I created this collage in my collage journal. (The date is when I made the collage.)

I just noticed today that my "tape measure" is held within the sun; it is the base. That makes sense to me because I am a Leo and the Sun is my ruler. (Do you see the double meaning there? Ruler=King; Ruler=a measure) When I discover a realization, insight, or message like that in a collage, for me, that is real magic. Now, I can ask myself how the sun in my life (what is the sun in my life?) measures magic: now, I can discover a new way to look at how magic operates in my life.

Another image I love in this collage is the nest of "hands." Although one could look at this sculpture and see the parallel between a mother bird and her babies in the nest and a mother's hand and her children's hands, what I see is God/Source/the Universe and all of us. All of our "little" hands reaching our to join the Eternal Hand of God. For me, that reaching out is magic.

Finally--although there is always more to discover--there is the "eye" in the flower and the "eye" in the peacock feather. One exists in imagination; the other exists in Nature. Which is more real? For me, imagination and seeing life as a dream and dreams as reality is magic.

"Whether we name divine presence synchronicity, serendipity, or graced moment matters little. What matters is the reality that our hearts have been understood. Nothing is as real as a healthy dose of MAGIC which restores our spirits." --Nancy Long

"A deep man believes in miracles, waits for them, believes in magic, believes that the orator will decompose his adversary; believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart’s blessing can heal; that love can exalt talent; can overcome all odds." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

--Vicky :o)

"My Own Measure of Magic"
Collage Journal Page
©2007 Vicky Lynn Macchione

No comments: