Thursday, January 10, 2008

The "Eyes" Have It


In light of my intention to look at everything as a message from the Universe, I have been hyper-aware of "eyes." Not only have my "real" eyes been in my conscious awareness due to sensitivity to light and a feeling of itchiness, but "eye" pictures (eye of Horus, God's eye in the galaxy, a photo of an eclipse that looked like an eye), "eye" words (insight, clairvoyance, clair-obscure, clair-0btuse, vision, obvious), "eye" functions (seeing, not seeing what is obvious, reading) keep showing up in my waking and dreaming life.

One instance of this "eye" influx is in a new friend's blog, Art in Every Day. She had mentioned this recurring image that was occurring in her drawings, and because of the reference she used (the Lemony Snicket movie), I knew that the mandala she mentioned she was going to post would have the image of an eye! And, sure enough, it does.

So what do I make of all these "eyes?" I'm not clear other than to say that the Universe has got my attention! (And, I am paying attention to the parallel "sound" message of "I" as well!) To illustrate my willingness to hear, see and understand, I am including a page from my collage journal entitled "Enlighten Me" that I created in September of last year. Thank you for the messages; please enlighten me!

--Vicky :o)

"Enlighten Me"
Collage Journal Page
© 2007 Vicky Lynn Macchione

1 comment:

Andrew said...

WHY?

Wh(eye)?

Wh(I)?

"I 'n I will see you through" - Bob Marley

the eye within the I, the wheels within wheels

=) the equal s(eye)gns