
So one year has ended and another begun! I was very happy to see 2007 depart. For me it was a long year full of facing fears; in fact, I named 2007 the Year of Fear. My biggest fears have always been about being sick or having some serious disease. However, I discovered those fears reduce down to one--death.
That realization was a surprise to me. I always thought my fears were about being sick or suffering while being sick, but I discovered that my fears were also about not finding out I was sick in time, which meant I would die. Or making the wrong decision about a symptom or illness, which meant I would die. Or (and this is rather laughable) having both of the above occur and then have people shake their heads in pity or disgust and say that I should have known better; I should have followed the current medical opinions; I should have done this or that so I would not be facing death. Ultimately, they would say it was my fault. And, of course, that is another type of death--death of the ego!
So as 2008 begins, I intend to acknowledge my fear of death, which I am doing right now, and to see it as a symptom of an energetic imbalance in my life. In addition, I intend to look at each moment--each situation, symptom, problem, etc.--as a message from the Universe, which it is and always has been.
As I begin a new year, I decided to include a collage I created during the summer called "Soul Compass." (I made the collage in response to an exercise in Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way.) I assembled the collage on a piece of wood shaped like a bread board (or pizza board). The words on the collage are from Isaiah 30:21 ". . . your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way: walk in it.'" How appropriate and relevant those words are when considering my intention for 2008. Once again, I stand amazed at the wisdom of the Universe who inspires my Soul to create collages whose message become relevant at the perfect moment!
--Vicky :o)
"Soul Compass"
Collage on Wood
©2007 Vicky Lynn Macchione
1 comment:
Vicky,
I love this collage...and good for you for acknowledging your fear. Sounds like you've moved more into trusting; Ilove the verse on your collage as well. You and your work are an inspiration!
Happy 2008...
:) Cheryl
P.S. I'll be in touch...and let you know when I post the mandalas I told you about, which I realized last night is about "entering the atmosphere of infinite possibilities." I think it was Emily Dickenson who talked about "dwelling in possibility". :)
Post a Comment