Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Speaking Archetypes


A friend commissioned me to create a collage card for her friend whose birthday was in June. This was my first attempt to create such a card for someone whom I really didn't know. I only knew bits and pieces through our mutual friend. I have to admit I was a bit doubtful.

I have come to believe that when I create a collage for someone there is a Force (the Source, the Universe, God) bigger than me at work. For example, with this card, I knew immediately that the card must have archetypes, must have some reference to Einstein, and must have a quote by Carl Jung.

As I began to work on the card, I knew it had to have elements in black and white, the woman's picture with the intense eyes had to be used, and there had to be a writing instrument, a compass, and a clock.

My friend has seen a copy of the card and has told me that I am right on in my choices. That pleases me, of course. I look forward to hearing how the recipient of the card views the imagery, what it means to her.

I think what has been most important and beneficial in the creation of this card is that I was continually confronted with a choice during the creative process: Either I trust that I am guided in the creation of these cards--in other words, I believe as fact that the Source knows all, is in all, inspires all, and ultimately creates all through us--or I don't. My choice? Definitely to trust in the guidance of Source!

--Vicky ;o)

"Speaking Archetypes"
Collage Card

© 2007 Vicky Lynn Macchione

No comments: