I created this card for my friend Sue who is celebrating her 70th birthday this month. She has always referred to God or the Source as Grace.
She herself is one of the most gracious people I know and always exhibits "Grace under pressure," even when facing circumstances that many people would find overwhelming.
I am always amazed at how my collages turn out. For example, it took my boyfriend to notice that when one puts the words together that appear on the card, they make sense as a sentence: "Teach others who knows Grace." For me, they were just words that needed to be on the card! I chose them because they described or symbolized Sue. In fact, I added the small slip of paper with "who knows" after I thought the collage was finished. I had to go back through my collage cut outs to find that paper again!
I am looking forward to Sue receiving her card in the mail and finding out the significance for her. There seems always to be one that I am never aware of. That's the beauty of collage: it is possible to tap into the collective consciousness of the Universe and uncover the messages that will touch our Soul.
--Vicky :o)
She herself is one of the most gracious people I know and always exhibits "Grace under pressure," even when facing circumstances that many people would find overwhelming.
I am always amazed at how my collages turn out. For example, it took my boyfriend to notice that when one puts the words together that appear on the card, they make sense as a sentence: "Teach others who knows Grace." For me, they were just words that needed to be on the card! I chose them because they described or symbolized Sue. In fact, I added the small slip of paper with "who knows" after I thought the collage was finished. I had to go back through my collage cut outs to find that paper again!
I am looking forward to Sue receiving her card in the mail and finding out the significance for her. There seems always to be one that I am never aware of. That's the beauty of collage: it is possible to tap into the collective consciousness of the Universe and uncover the messages that will touch our Soul.
--Vicky :o)
"Finding Grace"
Collage Card
© 2007 Vicky Lynn Macchione
Collage Card
© 2007 Vicky Lynn Macchione
1 comment:
Vicky Lynn.. I randomly selected a month from your archives and was hoping I'd come upon your collages, which I've always loved..especially I love the idea that they're cards, and that you make them for friends. I must try my hand at that. The words and images are heavenly..and "Grace" is a companion of mine that I am always overjoyed to find in all its forms, as I explore the www.
shine on...
Post a Comment