I saw a cute photo taken by Dave Weaver on Yahoo's Photo Highlight Slideshow. The photo showed a squirrel standing next to a mini American flag. The photo was taken on November 6 in Omaha, just two days after the historic election of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States.
As someone who has lived in another country (Canada) for the last seven years, I can identify with articles I read in which Americans who live in other countries said they were once again proud to say they were Americans after this election. Unfortunately, many of the policies that have been enacted during the last eight years have not resulted in Americans being warmly welcomed by other nations or their citizens. I have experienced some of that coldness and frustration even here in Canada.
The election of Barack Obama, the record numbers of voters, and the feeling that Hope has once again surfaced in America is a cause for joy not only in the United States but throughout the world. And, as Dave Weaver's photo illustrates, maybe even in the animal kingdom!
--Vicky :o)
P.S.The words on the photo were added by me.
"Patriotic Squirrel?"
© 2008 by AP Photo/Dave Weaver
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment