Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Winter 2008!

Since we have friends that have different beliefs, I created one card this year that could be used to celebrate Christmas and the Winter season. I offer the card and poem I wrote as a way to salute the 2008 Winter Solstice.


Winter's Tender Gaze

Winter, like Love, waits for us
At the end of every road;
Her gaze, full of tender warmth,
Despite the bitter cold.

Intruding on our busy days,
Dressed in lengthening shadows of night,
Winter paints each tiny crevice with darkness,
Increasing the brilliance of Light.

As the stars that sparkle best in shadow,
We shine brightest under Winter's gentle gaze,
We sow the seeds of Hope, Love, and Happiness
Through the gifts and tender thoughts that fill these days.

May Winter's ever-watchful eye
Gently guide you on your path this Year;
May your Holiday Season be blessed with Light,
Your Days overflowing with Peace and Good Cheer.

--Vicky :o)

"Winter's Tender Gaze" collage and poem
Copyright © 2008 by Vicky Lynn Macchione

No comments: