
I created this collage as a gift for someone who has encouraged me in my collage artistry.
The center collage, "In Her Image," was one of the first collages I created as an adult. (I had not done any collage work since I was a kidlet of 12 or 13.) In it, I illustrate that women are searching for that perfect image--but whose image is it?
The frame around the center collage are reductions of collages, life stamps, and cards I made after this person mentioned how much she liked the center collage.
There is also a quote from Proverbs 25:11 in French: "Des paroles justes dites au bon moment sont comme abricots d'or avec des ciselures d'argent." The verse in English reads: "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." (KJV)
I also included a personal message to her in French, thanking her for her encouragement and wishing her a happy birthday.
Words are powerful tools that can help build or destroy a person's vision. Choose them wisely!
--Vicky :o)
"A Word Fitly Spoken..."
Collage
© 2006 Vicky Lynn Macchione
Collage
© 2006 Vicky Lynn Macchione
No comments:
Post a Comment