Thursday, April 03, 2008

Abstract #2 on Canvas

I call this abstract "The Black Hole of Infinite Possibilities."

While doing this painting (and my next as well), I don't know when to stop! (Hmmm...Wonder what that means?) So I keep adding paint, and then it feels like a mistake. Then, I have to figure out how to salvage the painting! I'm sure there is a metaphor for my life in that experience.

I was surprised when Michel told me that he liked the black in this painting, even though he said he doesn't really like when I put black. I find that the black adds some kind of depth and development and contrast to this particular abstract. And, of course, the black swirl IS the black hole mentioned in the title.

One element Michel doesn't like is the swirl of paints I use. I love the swirls; they remind me of gratitude because they remind me of the Go Gratitude logo (shown below):

Expressing gratitude is something I need to remind myself to do often, which is why I put them in my paintings! Also, swirls always remind me of space and galaxies and awesome wonders of the Universe. So captured in a swirl is thankfulness and limitless creativity. Not bad for a twist of color!

--Vicky ;o)

"The Black Hole of Infinite Possibilities"
Acrylics on Canvas
© 2008 Vicky Lynn Macchione

No comments: