Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Zendalas as a Mirror





I am posting two zendalas I made yesterday and one I made today. What I want to illustrate is how the zendalas reflect my own psyche while making them.

Yesterday I was out of sorts (otherwise translated as grouchy and grumpy). All the zendalas I created were out of balance. The Red Mandala is not centered on the card and feels slightly skewed to me. The second zendala is called "Off Center Mandala" for obvious reasons. (Although I don't like the red pen I was using, I don't think that had as much of an effect as the fact that emotionally I was feeling "off.")

Today's zendala is much more balanced and harmonious. And that is how I am feeling. I named today's: "Finding My Center (Again)."

Carl Jung believed that mandalas represent the Self and I agree.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am experimenting with having certain thoughts, people, or emotions in my head (and heart) as I create the zendalas. In my previous post, the third mandala was created for a friend's little girl who just celebrated her first birthday. I framed that mandala as a gift for her.

I am interested to see what kinds of mandalas will emerge as I continue this journey.

--Vicky :o)


Red Mandala
Off Center Mandala
Finding My Center (Again) Mandala
Ink on cardstock
Copyright © 2010 by Vicky Lynn Macchione


The Zentangle® art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.

No comments: