Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Collage Mandala: my interpretation

Today I am posting a new mixed media collage mandala that I finished yesterday; I call it "Fabric of the Universe."



Most people will focus on the bird in the middle. I love the bird, too, which is why I chose to cut it out and use it in the collage. To me, the bird represents the Universe. And the Soul message from the Universe is by Rumi, reminding us that to enter the Mystery, we need to go within, to find the "fabric of the Universe," we need only to look inside.

But the background of the collage is just as important as the central image. I created the background by tearing the elements and choosing pictures of wood, metal, fabric--anything that is used to build or create something else. The painted part is like the sea or space of creativity. So the "fabric" part comes out of that sea/space and in the center of the "fabric," we discover the Universe and the inspirational message for our journey.

--Vicky Lynn :o)

"Fabric of the Universe"
Mixed media collage mandala
Copyright © 2010 by Vicky Lynn Macchione

No comments: