
My goal this year is to "lighten my load." And, this morning I discovered another way I can make that happen: Stop unconditionally believing all the voices in my head.
Today, while I was checking my email, I found myself getting agitated. I was reading a newsletter by someone, considered to be an inspirational person by many, who was advocating a way to be more environmentally conscious. Something snapped inside! I found myself expressing disgust at being given yet another thing to put on my Life's "To Do" list.
Don't get me wrong. I certainly believe it is important to be environmentally conscious. However, I am weary of all the messages coming from emails, television, movies, governments, parents--living or long-dead--religions, friends, families, lovers, and the list goes on forever, AS WELL AS my own list of correct living prerequisites. How much of my life and energy do I spend being concerned over all this noise? WAY TOO MUCH!
I decided today that I can no longer put off determining what is and what is not important to me in my Life. I can no longer let others tell me how to live my Life. It's time for me to stop the Noise Madness. For as long as I listen to and unconditionally believe what others say, I cannot hear the "still, small voice" that resides within each of us.
In the last few months, I had started taking my name off inspirational newsletter email lists. I was being overwhelmed by inspiration! Now, I see that I am still too involved in all the wisdom everyone else seems to have. It's time to listen to the wisdom within. My Life, My Way. This collage from my Collage Journal illustrates clearly the message of this post. How interesting that I made the collage over 2 years ago.
--Vicky :o)
Today, while I was checking my email, I found myself getting agitated. I was reading a newsletter by someone, considered to be an inspirational person by many, who was advocating a way to be more environmentally conscious. Something snapped inside! I found myself expressing disgust at being given yet another thing to put on my Life's "To Do" list.
Don't get me wrong. I certainly believe it is important to be environmentally conscious. However, I am weary of all the messages coming from emails, television, movies, governments, parents--living or long-dead--religions, friends, families, lovers, and the list goes on forever, AS WELL AS my own list of correct living prerequisites. How much of my life and energy do I spend being concerned over all this noise? WAY TOO MUCH!
I decided today that I can no longer put off determining what is and what is not important to me in my Life. I can no longer let others tell me how to live my Life. It's time for me to stop the Noise Madness. For as long as I listen to and unconditionally believe what others say, I cannot hear the "still, small voice" that resides within each of us.
In the last few months, I had started taking my name off inspirational newsletter email lists. I was being overwhelmed by inspiration! Now, I see that I am still too involved in all the wisdom everyone else seems to have. It's time to listen to the wisdom within. My Life, My Way. This collage from my Collage Journal illustrates clearly the message of this post. How interesting that I made the collage over 2 years ago.
--Vicky :o)
P.S.After I wrote this post, I discovered this short passage by Rumi, very appropriate to what I have written here:
"All my talk was madness,
filled with dos and don’ts.
filled with dos and don’ts.
For ages I knocked on a door—
when it opened I found
I was knocking from the inside!" --Rumi
"Start Within"
Collage Journal Page
Copyright © 20o6 by Vicky Lynn Macchione
"Start Within"
Collage Journal Page
Copyright © 20o6 by Vicky Lynn Macchione
1 comment:
Hi Vicky,
I just love the variety of collage you do. Looks like fun! And..don't you know I have the same image of the woman holding her head in her hands - oh do I know the feeling you describe. I made spontaneously made a mini-collage and the same sentiment showed up. Even though it's smaller than my SoulCollage cards, it's still a "SoulCollage". I find working w/the smaller area (4 x 6) puts me into a much more relaxed and spontaneous space while creating. It's good to be back at your blog. And, here's the link: http://dancingwiththeshadow.blogspot.com/2009/06/emptying.html
enjoy your day! ~Cheryl
Post a Comment