Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Summer of Difference


I have not posted much at all this summer. This summer has been a summer of difference: The weather has been unusual--more rain and less warm days. The status quo has shifted often--friendships drawing to a close. Letting go has been the theme. Every time I felt like I had found a place of consistency and regularity and security, some situation would arise that upset that complacent feeling and pointed to another belief, idea, opinion that needed to be released.

There has been no resting place this summer. Either I have had times of excitement because I knew that transformation was imminent or times of disillusionment, when things I believed came in conflict with those beliefs held by my circle of friends and it was necessary to say goodbye--at least for a season.

And now Autumn is just around the corner. Hope swells in me for this new season, the season of harvest. Will I be gathering the seeds of commencement? Will the Autumn sun with its unique warmth and light bring a glowing promise of new way of seeing, perceiving, and embracing Life? I await what unfolds.

--Vicky :o)

"I am through with everything but you." --Rumi

"Wisdom"
Collage Journal page card
© 2008 Vicky Lynn Macchione

No comments: